Sunday 16 September 2012

Flashpoint - the alternative Batman Universe


Apologies to anyone who is thinking 'Yeah, we all know this, so what?' - I didn't and I was excited!
Oh - and there *may* be spoilers.

As someone who doesn't read a massive amount of comics (I know, I know, strike me down!), my knowledge of cross-overs etc is pretty minimal, but I was rather excited when I discovered that there is an cross-over series called Flashpoint, in which the Batman universe is in a completely different direction from the one that we all know and love. In this alternative universe, it is Bruce Wayne who is murdered, not his parents Thomas and Martha. Torn by grief, his parents deal with it in drastically different ways. Thomas dons the now famous black suit to become Batman whilst Martha, who plummets into depression, slashes her face into a grotesque grin and becomes The Joker.

It's twists like this that make fairly wishy-washy comic fans like myself raise an interested eyebrow and even try and hunt down copies. More please, I'm intrigued and sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment