Wednesday 17 October 2012

More books!

So, following on from Monday's post, I figured I'd point out a few more coming this way.

Death: Deluxe Edition
    by Neil Gaiman


Okay, confession time: despite being a big fan of Gaiman, and of comics, I've never actually read Sandman. Which I'm fairly certain is going to be one of those things I end up crucifying myself for when I finally do. I have, however, read Death: The High Cost of Living, after I found it in a local library years back and realised Tori Amos did the foreword. I always was a whore for Tori Amos.

The book rocked. Death is, strangely enough, a completely adorable character and right up there with Pratchett's much-loved personification of the end. This one collects that graphic novel, along with The Time of Your Life. And I rather expect that half will rock too.

Pariah
    by Dan Abnett


So, Abnett's Pariah is at long last up for pre-order. I've always been a fan of Games Workshop's gothic sci-fi Warhammer 40,000 setting, having played the games as a kid. Hardly ever get to play them any more (despite having had some serious Necromunda cravings of late), but I do pick up the occasional novel.

Frankly, they can vary a bit in quality. But as a rule, Abnett is definitely one of the better writers under the Black Library label, and his Eisenhorn trilogy is my favorite 40k series by a large margin. Granted I wasn't quite so enamoured of its follow up, The Ravenor trilogy, but it was still good fun. And now, at long last, it seems we'll be getting the third trilogy, Eisenhorn and Ravenor going toe to toe as seen through the eyes of Alizebeth Bequin.

Yep, I'm looking forward to this one...


No comments:

Post a Comment