Monday 11 June 2012

Assassins Creed 3 E3 2012 Trailer [HD]

I must admit, I've never payed the first Assassins Creed, I read all the previews and was deeply excited by the prospect of playing a 12th century Assassin, but was put off from buying it once the reviews came out - the concerns seemed to be that the graphics were gorgeous but the mission's were highly repetitive.  Ubisoft addressed these concerns 12 months later with the release of Assassins Creed 2, set 400 years after the original it introduced a new Assassin, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, the Batman of resonance Italy with a penchant for sticking pointy metal objects into people, usually with fatal results.

Ezio's story spanned three games, the last of which came out last year and so now Ubisoft are ready to move the franchise on to a time period, a new continent and introduce a new Assassin, Connor Kenway who's going to get all stabby stabby during the American Civil war:



I love Assassin's Creed - it's only one of two games which I pre-order on an annual basis (the other one being Call of Duty) so I'm really looking forward to this, but I must admit I'm going to miss leaping off those roof tops in Venice.

Whilst I'm on the subject of Venetian rooftops, if you've played any of Ezio's adventures you'll know just how damn good the original score by Jesper Kyd is, this is a gem of a mashup by YouTuber Intox7792 which I stumbled across over the weekend, it combines three tracks from Assassin's Creed 2 together to create something that's greater than the sum of it's parts - it's only had 388 views so far, so take a listen & if you like it, spread the word...


Grazie.

No comments:

Post a Comment